ORIENTAL BODYWORK COURSES:
Click here to view the current course calendar.
Contact us via email or call us to inquire about our CE course and program schedule.
ORIENTAL BODYWORK COURSES & DESCRIPTIONS:
- East Meets West Pulse Assessment and Treatment(view description)
- Shiatsu for Structural Dysfunction (view description)
East Meets West Pulse Assessment and Treatment:
This course is designed to provide graduate massage school students, certified and Licensed Massage Therapists with training in the usage of applied kinesiology, moxabustion, chinese cups, magrain pellets and electric point stimulators. Learn pulse assessment to balance and treat meridians according to the 5 element theory.This program is qualified for 16 hours of continuing education hours.
The student will be able to:
- Learn pulse assessment to balance and treat meridians according to the 5 element theory.
- Usage of applied kinesiology, moxabustion, chinese cups, magrain pellets and electric point stimulators.
Treatment protocols for:
whiplash/TMJ rotator cuff injuires sciatic/piriformis syndrome knee conditions carpal tunnel/plantar fasciatis.
-Handouts -Piezo Pen -100 Pieces of Moxa -Ear/Point Pellets -300 each Gold and Silver – PowerPoint CD of Class
Instructors: Shamaya Chah, LMT, CKTP and Dr. Victoria Miller, AP
Shiatsu for Structural Dysfunction:
This is a full body general treatment designed to detoxify and relax the major muscle groups of the body. This practical application is done by applying pressure to specific acupoints in a sequential order on the belly, medial and lateral borders of the primary muscles. This application can be as long as 90 minutes and as short as 50 minutes. The abdomen is excluded in this treatment so there is no chance of causing or exacerbating a pathological condition that would be contraindicated for this treatment. Depending on the speed and the intensity of this full body treatment, the outcome can be sedative or stimulating. After completing this full body treatment the client experiences a general full body euphoria and complete relaxation. This class is 12 hours of massage continuing education hours.
Florida provider #: MCE-116-1278
The student will be able to:
- Recognize specific muscular dysfunction and apply appropriate technique to eitherstimulate or sedate the involved area to regain a homeostasis of muscle tonicity.
- Recognize biomechanical insufficiency and deduce problematic areas.
- Understand and name specific muscles being treated, as well as know their functions and to treat them to regain maximum function.
- Recognize indications and contraindications for structural dysfunction.
- Understand and name specific muscles being treated, including origin, insertion, actions, the bones and their landmarks so treatment to these areas can maximize biomechanical functions.
- Recognize indications and contraindications for the affected areas.Instructional Formats:
-Lecture -Manuals -Charts -Hand-outs -Demonstration -Practical Exchange Review
BACK TO TOP
Select a program for details:
COURSES CAN BE PERSONALIZED FOR CERTIFICATION OR CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
As educators, MRI’s mission is to provide quality seminars with practical information that will give the therapist a step-by-step protocol of each modality presented along with the academic information that can include but not be limited to:
history | technique | physiological processes | indications and contra indications
practical and effective use of each technique and application
As therapists, our mission is to provide a quality of service that enhances our patient/client’s entire well-being while being an integral part of their healthcare rehabilitation and maintenance. Course descriptions are listed in this section and can be customized to fit your training needs.